Spanish Doughnuts, Parramatta

Tuesday, August 30, 2016


Parramatta Westfield has been continuously evolving in what kind of foods and shops they offer. It is one of the places where I find myself stopping by way too often even though I don't live in the area. A place I recently visited with my sister was Spanish Doughnuts on the Level 5 Food court. Looking for a treat after those post-shopping-but-buying-nothing blues, my sister and I chose a selection of the sweet spanish doughnuts aka churros.

It is a small stall towards the front-middle of the food court, almost hard to miss with its enticing display case. There are literally ALL kinds of churros from plain, sweet, savoury, loops, short, long, breakfast so get ready to feast your eyes 👀 ✨ Of course by the end of the shopping day, the baskets and churro offerings were looking a bit more empty than they probably started off as. The staff were quite friendly and bonus points for not being annoyed as we took ages to decide which churros to buy!

There is heaps of nice seating in the food court, however we got 4 x churros take away. Immediately as soon as we got home, I went out into the garden to take some lovely photos… but then….





🙀 😻 ICHIGO!!! 🙀 😻

My silly cat pops out of nowhere and begins sniffing the life out of these churros. Luckily she soon discovered that they weren't fishy or meaty and left to me on my way to take whatever photos I wished in HER garden 😂

Top: Chocolate Bombon $4.95
- The first thing I will say and this applies for the all the churros, is that they are so tough, chewy and oily. It's extremely unpleasant. It might have had to do with the fact that they have been sitting inside a display case all day and/or they aren't freshly made
- This chocolate churro was so overly sweet. It was our least favourite. It didn't taste rich or creamy like chocolate, just sugary and almost waxy tasting

Bottom: Nutella, chocolate, nuts $4.95
- A slightly better churro that had a bit of oozy Nutella as a filling. I really like the addition of nuts on the coating as well!

Top: White chocolate, hundreds and thousands sprinkles $4.95
- A fun looking churro but quite plain and boring tasting. Also just like the above two, it was super sugary

Bottom: Crème Brûlée $4.95
-  The best out of the four! It had the least churro dough that's why. The custard filling was nice and creamy, and the caramelised sugar on top provided a good crunchy


In all honesty I didn't really like any of the churros we picked up here. Not only were they way too sweet but they were very chewy and oily which took away from the whole experience. Perhaps these are different when they are freshly made but I doubt they ever are since they are all coated in chocolate and cooled. If I ever visit Spanish Doughnuts again I would probably want to try the plain churros with the chocolate dipping sauce on the side or a savoury churro and hope it will be better. But until I try those, I sadly wouldn't recommend this place!


TL;DR:
Price: Expensive because it's quite small
Quality: Not fresh, oily, chewy, too sickly sweet
Service: Patient and efficient
Ambience: Food court level



Spanish Doughnuts
Food Court, Level 5 Westfield Parramatta
159-175 Church Street, 
Parramatta NSW 2150

Spanish Doughnuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe