Healthii Salads & Bowls, Sydney

Tuesday, August 09, 2016


ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH SALAD? Well, you will be after Healthii delivers some to you! 😁 Hi guys, today I'm sharing with you all my eat Healthii salad experience as of a few months ago. I'm really delayed in writing this post but I hope you caught a glimpse of these beauties on my Instagram back then!

I was contacted by Healthii and offered a free delivery of their salads in order to critique it. My contact person was really friendly and open and explained that Healthii was a new start up salad delivery service looking for ways to improve on their menu and service. They even said that I was not obligated to post about it or give them good reviews in exchange for the free food, however these salads were just so aesthetic and amazing that I don't think I could've passed up the opportunity if I tried!

Now when you visit their website there are a range of healthy yet delicious sounding choices! Back then there was only around 4. Of course to me they all already sounded really good. I chose two salads, one for me and one for my willing but salad-hating boyfriend 😛 - the "Pulled Beef Bibimbap bowl w/ Kimchi" and "Miso Glazed Salmon Salad" ~ 

Healthii doesn't currently do deliveries to USYD but they made an exception for me and had a helper deliver it by hand. It was really nice to meet her and she even amusingly warned me "Your food smells soooooo good, I nearly ate it myself" 😂 HAHAHAA she was right, the smell was amazing!!



It came packaged nicely in a large brown paper bag with some forks and thick brown tissues. I felt that the pulled beef and miso salmon were both quite warm and extremely freshly made. What really surprised and pleased me was that the containers (even the sauce container) were all made out of eco friendly biodegradable fibres!!!

That is a MAJOR plus! Well done, Healthii :)


Opening the lids to both salad boxes felt so so so exciting! And how good is what is inside! I was greeted by one of the most Instagramable salads ever. So fresh, so colourful, so vibrant, so yum, so healthy. The website pictures the salads nicely spread out but I reckon this compact bowl looks a lot more nice and full! 

Now on to the reviews…


Pulled Beef Bibimbap w/ kimchi, cauliflower rice, zucchini, carrots, pickled seasonal vegetables, wilted spinach, mixed salad leaves, toasted sesame seeds and sriracha sauce $14
- I can't say "no" to kimchi. I confess, I have an affinity for foods and items with my name in it
- The Korean influence in creating a salad out of bibimbap is awesome!
- This salad is so ridiculously good. I couldn't get enough of that cauliflower rice which is a great low-carb alternative to normal rice, and the vegetables were all so fresh and clean tasting
- The pulled beef brisket was very tender and soft, not tough or chewy. It was also full of savoury flavour with a hint of heat/spice
- I think they forgot to add any pickled seasonal vegetables but forgivable since we have a generous amount of kimchi in there. The kimchi itself was average, a bit on the sour side but my main nit-picky issue with it was that the chunks were SO big, they could've used a little cut in half or quarters
- That 'sriracha' sauce was not the sriracha that comes out of the bottle I own. That thing was HOT. I couldn't eat it so I bought it home and even my chilli-loving parents were like … ooh damn dat is haht. It would've been nice if it wasn't so chilli so I could add even more flavour to my salad and make it more bibimbap-like, however not a major loss!
- Overall I loved this salad, I would buy it again! 😍

p.s. Yes I had the wrong lid on the box, it's meant to be the other lid!


Miso Glazed Salmon Salad w/ tricolour quinoa, granny smith apple, mixed salad leaves, radish, cucumber, white sesame seeds and ginger miso dressing $14
- I got this for Francis who is a salad-hater but I know he likes salmon and also making fun of quinoa so I thought this would be perfect for him… he ended up just eating much of the salmon and then leaving me with the rest 🙌
- Okay so lets talk about this miso glazed salmon - it was really good. Very tender, nice big and generous pieces, no bones, a light smokey and sweet-salty miso taste. I just wish there was more glaze!
- Because the dressing had a luscious ginger flavour that overpowered the miso
- I love the idea of putting apples in salad! I recently had a Som Tum salad where the papaya was replaced with green apple, and it was the bomb! Same here. Pairing it with some typically savoury foods and pouring a salty dressing over the apples is so yummy. Sweet, tangy, crunchy! 😍
- Tricoloured quinoa has a more smokey flavour compared to white quinoa and I think this also compliments the miso glazed salmon very well
- Overall this is another winner of a salad!


So from my reviews you can see I pretty much had ALL positive things to say about these salads. I am so glad I forced myself to learn how to love salad back in high school so that I wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to try out these delicious creations now. Truth!!

I highly recommend ordering Healthii as a healthy lunch or dinner option. Please give it try, everyone! Below I'll add Healthii's website and social media handles so that you can check them out 💖

Healthii Salads & Bowls

Healthii Salads & Bowls Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Disclaimer: This is not a paid post. It is 100% my honest opinion.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe