Happy New Year! Welcome to 2016

Saturday, January 02, 2016


Good morning everyone! A little late but I hope you all had the most amazing celebrations for your NYE and NYD! I had a quiet one this year and spent it at home with my parents and cat, Ichigo [^._.^]ノ彡

As I reflect back on the year that has just passed, I can honestly say that 2015 broke my heart so many times over. It truly was a tough one and I had never felt so empty, disappointed, alone and less like myself. But I'm feeling better I'm able to talk about this now because let me tell you it wasn't all bad..

In 2015, I chose to take a step away from my Human Resources major and try out some more creative subjects and activities. I learnt how to speak basic Mandarin 你好, I got my certificate for being a student advocate in the Student Support Network at USYD, I took on the Ration Challenge and raised a massive $356.15 (thank you all that gave your support!!), I tried out a marketing course, and most notably I got more involved with the Fashion & Beauty Society at uni which I am proud to say I am now working as the Promotions Director for! All of these achievements little or big have made me realise how much more I want to push myself to succeed so that I can remind myself of who I am and what I love. I guess you could view this blog in that way. I really couldn't decide if I wanted to have my own space on the internet to talk about life OR review food & products.. I feel like I wanted to have it all. At the end of the day if I am to have it all I have to stop being so damn lazy and do much better.

This year I'm determined to stop being so afraid to express myself. I'll take all the lessons I learned in 2015 and make something out of myself. Something I can be happy and proud of. 

A lot of people put down the whole "New year, new me" thing, which is really sad considering that we all should be trying to build each other up rather than tearing each other down. I'm encouraging you all to ignore these haters, but remember that you don't have to wait for the new year to make change. You never have to feel like you need to fit in the boxes you are given.

So here's to my first step in 2016. Please support me here on my foodie blog, as well as on Kimmie Diaries - my lifestyle, personal adventures, fashion, and beauty blog!

Love always, 
Kim xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe