Laughing Ganesha, Lane Cove

Tuesday, January 12, 2016



Let me start by saying that Indian food is one of my most favourite cuisines ever. Samosas, curries, naan bread, basmati rice, aloo tikki, I'm down for everything! I think that a lot of my friends are slightly surprised to hear this because you never hear me saying "I'm craving Indian food". (That's actually because my dad won't stop buying Groupons for Indian food, I'm srs he's so obsessed). But today I am so why not make myself hungry all over again by re-living this experience through blogging T_T


This is the post about the time my dad bought a Groupon to eat at the Laughing Ganesha in Lane Cove. That's almost 40 minutes away from where I live. TY DAD.

I rarely, if not, never go to the northern suburbs so I don't know my way around Lane Cove. However we found the restaurant easily as it was just straight up ahead the lane of shops from where we parked. It's a very open place as you can enter from the main street or the lane way. It's also quite small but not that cramped because it was very empty.




This lunch deal looks soooo good! I wish I could get it this cheap at uni, or anywhere else really..

Our Groupon deal costed $49 for four people and it includes the following:

  • 2 shared entrees
  • Four mains
  • Pappadums
  • Rice
  • Bottle of red/white wine
Pretty good right! If only we could swap out the bottle of wine for something else T_T Only me and my mom drink so it was the whole bottle to us two...

I'll still include regular prices in the captions just in case anyone's interested!

For our entrees we chose.....


Mysore Chilli Chops - Grilled lamb cutlets in spicy chilli marinade, 2pc for $14
- These were soooo good!!

Samosa Chat, 2pc for $12
- Usually the tamarind and mint sauces are served on the side so I was surprised to see it smothered all over the samosa
- Messy but so delicious~

Naan bread $4
- YUMMMM :3

There was pappadums ($4) but we ate them in like less than a minute hehe. Now finally the mains...

Chicken Biryani $18.50
- Biryani is a mixed rice dish with an assortment of freshly ground herbs and spices
- This was my first time trying biryani and because I didn't read the menu properly, I didn't realise it was mixed rice :o
- This made me full real fast but it was actually so amazing!

Mixed Vegetable Korma $17.50
- My parents always insist on getting at least 1 vegetarian dish so this was it
- They think this one is too sweet but I LOVED it!

Chicken Tikka Lazeez $20.5
Goat Masala $21.50
Rice $5 each
- These curries were amazing! A little bit on the salty side but nonetheless very creamy and flavourful and extremely generous portion!

Overall, this definitely goes down as one of my more favourited Indian cuisine restaurants :) But because of how far it is from me, this might be the last I see of it.. for a while. If this is your area and you're wondering what this place is like, I'd say go for it!!!


TL;DR
Price: Seems expensive, but portions will make you extremely full! Worth!
Service: Good
Quality: Amazeeee
Ambience: Quiet but cosy and welcoming



Laughing Ganesha
5/83 Longueville Rd
Lane Cove NSW 2066

Laughing Ganesha Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe