Bach Dang, Canley Vale

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My family and I dined at Bạch Đằng on Mothers Day last year and we had a really nice experience! We come by to Cabramatta and Canley Vale often because this is where all the Viet people are and we are Viet hehe. I always notice this restaurant on the strip of shops along Canley Vale Road because its so big, bright, white and fancy looking with its glass paneled fronts. While Bach Dang serves up Vietnamese food (foooood of my peoooopleeee) and we did order relatively casual dishes, I kept feeling like I was in a wedding reception because of how smartly the staff were dressed and the napkins were actual cloth serviettes... not paper... cloth~ (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

The staff were REALLY nice and friendly with us, even offering suggestions and jokes. At several points they were even telling my parents about their life stories and how bratty their kids are hahaha =___=;;   

Feast feast feast :D

The only things that me and my sister wanted most definitely was to choose the drinks. After all it was Mothers Day so my mom should ultimately have the first choice in ordering food :)

Anne is holding: Sâm bổ lượng | Combination Longan Drink $5
- This is a really great and refreshing sweet soup drink featuring longan, red jujubes, seaweed, lotus seeds, crushed ice and sugar! And maybe something else but that's generally it!

Nghêu xào XO | Pipi's in XO Sauce  $ marketprice
- Best pipi's ever!!! These were sooo delicious and well cleaned!
- Anne who hates seafood also loved these, that's how good they were
- The XO sauce tasted unlike any XO sauce I've had before, but nonetheless it complimented the pipi's very well


Bò nướng vỉ | Marinated Beef cooked on a hot plate ~$19
- All the meat came heaped all at once on the hot plate which was surprising, and it comes with a portable gas burner to cook right at your table!
- It's got lemon grass in the marinade (typical Vietnamese food), and lemon grass is the one of out two things I can't stand... but for some reason this is really okay!
- Served with bánh tráng (rice paper wrappers), vermicelli, crushed chilli, nước mắm chấm (mixed fish sauce for dipping) and plate of salad greens, bean sprouts, pickled carrots and radish, baby onions, cucumber, and garlic! Yum!

Chim cút quay | Roast Quails $14
- You get around 5 if I'm correct, and they are seasoned so simple and nicely, no one even touched the lemon pepper dipping sauce served with it!


I was too into eating that it didn't even occur to me to take decent photos so I will just point out our two extra meals!
Top left: Cơm Chiên Dương Châu | Fried Rice $8
Bottom left: Đồ biển xào thập cẩm | Braised combination seafood $16
- Both simple, fresh and delicious!

At the end of our meal, the staff cleaned up our table (that table cloth is actually a giant piece of waxy white paper) and gave us these really large complimentary mandarins as palate cleansers! And those friendly staff I mentioned earlier? Told us more about their life stories as we kept eating HAHAHA

We did give them a small tip and left feeling very satisfied! 

I read some bad reviews about this place recently and apparently the staff will be very racist and or rude to you if you're not Chinese or Vietnamese. Fortunately we are Viet, but I'm so sorry for all those who are not and have to had went through an unpleasant dining experience :( Hopefully it doesn't happen often or anymore. The food is so lovely!!! xx


TL;DR
Price: Seafood is expensive, but the rest seems fine, affordable even!
Service: Friendly, chatty
Quality: Very fresh and amazing!
Ambience: Faaaancyyyyy



Bạch Đằng
46 Canley Vale Rd,
Canley Vale NSW 2166

Bach Dang Vietnamese Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe