Lantern by Wagaya, Town Hall

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A little post featuring my precious 朋友 & 同学~ I've met a great bunch of friends while studying CHNS1101 and CHNS1102 who I absolutely love to bits! It's really great how even during the holidays we try and make time to all meet up and hang out. This was all based on the decision that we'd use our new found Mandarin speaking skills to go order Yumcha, but I don't know what we could've possibly said besides 我想吃!! HAHAHA

Our outing this time was meant to be a karaoke sesh at Mizuya but their kitchens closed early so Hayley led us down to Lantern by Wagaya :) I've been to Wagaya before but not Lantern! Sister restaurants with essentially similar food, but not to be confused. I'm surprised to see its inside this building which I've literally never noticed before..




After pressing "2" in the lift as instructed we found ourselves in a very typical Karaoke place. I don't know what I could comment on about this.. it was very PURPLE!

HAHAHAHA this is Anna, she's the cutest

Open kitchen!

So many karaoke rooms up here!

The girls at the counter are super cute and friendly! We were led by one of the staff to our karaoke room which I found to be really nice and cosy. With plush walls! I don't go to karaoke often. To be honest I don't even go at all. But all my memories of karaoke are really unpleasant because I am rubbish at singing :'(


Cool little touch screen where you can order food and drinks and request assistance!!




We were gonna order some makgeolli 막걸리 to share but they didn't have that today or a lot of other alcohol for that matter but here is our resident alcoholic, James with his sake based Wagaya cocktail hehehe


After much trouble of deciding what to eat, it seems we all decided to get the lunch special! $9.90 bento boxes with miso soup. Actually such a good deal! ^_^ there was so many choices - fish nambam, teriyaki beef/chicken, different kinds of hamburg, tonkatsu etc!

Teriyaki Beef Bento Box + miso soup (not pictured) $9.90

HAHAHA hi Edward

Oroshi Hamburg Bento Box + miso soup $9.90


And this is mine, Teriyaki Chicken Bento Box + miso soup $9.90
- Not the best picture, but I was seated furthest from the lights so HAHA

The bento boxes were so good! Generous portion of everything and it was all so delish! In fact a lot of us struggled to finish the rice because there was just so much packed into that section. All of the bento come with rice (of course), agedashi tofu, prawn croquette on a bed of Japanese salad, yellow radish and green pickles, a few steamed veggies, and then your chosen meat/fish ^_^

I'm so looking forward to eating this again probably when uni starts again!

After that slightly awkward eat as fast as you can so we can sing karaoke and put our money to good use stage, we sang karaoke and it was very fun! I'm still super bad at singing though, so I'm not expecting a miracle any time soon hehe xx


TL;DR
Price: Even though this is a lunch special, their menu is generally affordably priced!
Service: They don't speak English that well but they're friendly
Quality: Food is AMAZING ~
Ambience: Not sure about the dining area, but karaoke rooms are cosy!



Lantern by Wagaya
2/591 George St
Sydney NSW 2000

Lantern By Wagaya Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe