Zeus Street Greek, Broadway

Monday, October 03, 2016


Let's talk GREEK FOOD! You've all probably heard of Zeus Street Greek already and I am way late to this party! 😂

Zeus Street Greek in particular stands out from all the other places because of its unique and trendy branding and packaging. They have their very own unique hashtags on Instagram such as #zeusfamily #zeuscommunity and #thephilosophyoffood. I didn't have as strong of an interest or motive to travel out to Rosebery, Drummoyne or Dulwich Hill where the stores are situated for the longest time but when I heard there was one opened up in Broadway Shopping Centre's brand new Level 2 Fusion (Food & Fashion) level, I definitely knew it was time to go!


To spare you all the details, basically the first time Vanessa and I ventured up here to the newly renovated floor we almost cried. It was so beautiful and overwhelming and all the shops made us go YAAAAAS BITCH YAS 😭 😭 😭 💖 💖 💖

We really want to eat our way through all the restaurants on this floor so Zeus is one of our first go's! 

They have a really nice and spacious section of the food court exclusively for themselves. There is indoor seating and 'outdoor' seating. Everything looks so clean and new, even though I know it's been open for many weeks now. We come just before the lunch rush hour at 11am and yet it is still one of the most crowdy places on this level! I always see people get the oregano & feta fries, and loukoumades but Vanessa says she doesn't like feta so we get some haloumi cheese for the entrees instead. I have a tough time choosing which pita to get. The staff are soooo welcoming and friendly, and they are all working so hard in the kitchen which you can look right into. 

Our drinks, cups and table number number are handed to us and we choose to go and sit outside. The tables look really cool for a flat lay! The wait for food wasn't too long at all and it's so good to know it's all actually made freshly because of how you can see the staff working in the kitchen behind you.



LOL at my fringe. Don't you hate how short hair never does what it's told when you want it all tied up?

Bundaberg Lemon Lime Bitters $4.90
It always surprises me how this soda is pink. I love it! And just what you need to wash down all the carbs and fats about to be consumed.

Haloumi with lemon & oregano $11.50
Mmmm delicious, how can one not love haloumi! We really enjoyed this but as it started to get cold it got harder to consume because the texture changed and it wasn't as pleasant anymore. This is the same with all haloumi I think!

Vanessa's: Uncle 'Tzimmy' with chicken, tomato, tzatziki, onion, paprika, and chips $11.50
My sister ended up recommending this to me after I went here and she said it was apparently the best pita of the lot. Vanessa loved this pita and the chips was a nice surprise. She mentioned the chicken was very tender and juicy!

My: The Zeus with signature lamb, Aegean slaw, smoked eggplant, onion and parsley $12.50
This looked really good, anything with any sort of colourful ingredients looks like a balanced meal in my opinion. However it turned out to be really disappointing. The lamb was very dry, flavourless and cold so I could taste the solidified fats on it. It was oily and unpleasant. The smoked eggplant added a nice dimension of flavour, but since the entire pita was so dry to eat I wish there was some sort of additional sauce to bring all the ingredients together. Overall? I couldn't get past the dryness and fattiness. Wouldn't recommend this 😞

The staff were friendly up the very end and I felt so bad when I didn't finish my food. I really like this place though so I want to come back another time and give the Uncle 'Tzimmy' or another pita a go. 

I feel like a lot of you have likely already visited this place before me because I'm late to the trend. Please give me recommendations or let me know how it goes if you've visited Zeus Street Greek!! ⚡ ⚡

Thanks for reading! xx


TL;DR:
Price: Quite standard
Quality: Mostly good
Service: Super friendly! So happy
Ambience: Spacious, fun atmosphere



Zeus Street Greek
Level 2 - Broadway Shopping Centre
1 Bay St,
Broadway NSW 2007

Zeus Street Greek Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looking for best Greek Restaurant in Sydney then must visit Skyros Greek Meze. we are offering finest quality greek street food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dine in at Skyros Greek Meze restaurant if you want to taste the traditionalGreek street food. for any kind of detailed information you can check out their website.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe