The Sugar Hill Cafe, Lidcombe

Tuesday, October 11, 2016


I'm quite late to the game because I only just recently visited the new Lidcombe Shopping Centre and I think it's quite a neat little place! They have Aldi, Woolworths, Kmart, and Priceline! But you know me, friends - I was particularly excited by all the food choices in this brand new shiny centre ✨

This is just a quick drinks review here for you today though! The Sugar Hill in Lidcombe Shopping Centre definitely stands out as a place anyone might want to try. It's new, cute, spacious, and a refreshingly different choice to the other coffee places. Especially the franchises.




Sugar Hill have an awesome display cabinet full of such delicious treats! I spy with my little eye some ricotta cheesecake from Pasticceria Papa 😍 Was so tempted to buy a slice but we were in a bit of rush this day.

Aside from a wide variety of drinks they also have some savoury nom's and brunchy menu items. These include things like fries, salads, sandwiches, and bagels. I particularly want to come back to try their blueberry bagel & reuben sandwich ~




The brick and wooden panel walls give this cafe a more rustic feel with the lights sort of bringing it all together. I think that black and yellow is a strange colour choice as well as those random colourful pom pom's but it somewhat works. It's not blinding, it's actually quite.. cosy.

As for drinks, we pick up a small green tea latte and small cappuccino. 

Sorry I wish I remembered to take off the lids and take a snap!

Green Tea Latte (small) $4.00
Cappuccino (small) $3.50

The green tea latte while most anticipated was sadly really bitter. Definitely salvageable by adding in some sugar packets but still tasted quite watery and lacked milk/creaminess. It was also very grainy and gritty all over.

The cappuccino was much better although again it was more on the side of being watery tasting. Can't say it's a cappuccino I'd come back for because I've had much better elsewhere.



TL;DR:
Price: Our drinks were affordable
Quality: Not great
Service: Quick and efficient
Ambience: Strange combination of rustic and modern, but overall cosy


The Sugar Hill
Shop G006 Lidcombe Shopping Centre
92 Parramatta Road,
Lidcombe NSW 2141

Open 7 days a week
7:30 AM - 6 PM (Monday - Wednesday, Friday, Saturday)
7:30 AM - 7:30 PM (Thursday)
7:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Sunday)

The Sugar Hill Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe