Kin Senn, Sydney

Thursday, September 08, 2016


(( THROWBACK THURSDAY = throwback food review )) 

Kin Senn is one of the Thai food restaurants along the 'Thaitown' side of Pitt Street. Francis and I came here after we were turned away by one of the other nearby *unnamed* and apparently popular Thai restaurants just because we hadn't made a booking. I didn't see the problem because the voucher we came with clearly said "No bookings required" and the restaurant was pretty much half empty after the rush of lunch hour… but no scenes were made and I just ended up getting a voucher refund. ANYWAY Kin Senn is MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer. They were soooo genuinely friendly and welcomed us into their restaurant and made us feel so much better.



The counter at front is adorned with all sorts of delicious sweet treats, adorable cakes and some refreshing looking drinks in the background. I regret not picking up some to try because I've read their bakery items are delicious, but just I remember I was really broke this day. Student life 😭

Also just a reminder that the restaurant might look different now as to what it does in my pictures. I haven't been back in a while!




The interiors are SO beautiful and lovely and they also make you feel so comfortable. It reminds me of an almost rustic and very cute treehouse. There are nice little booths or normal tables to sit at. What astounds me is just how neat and clean everything is. Even the condiments on the table look like they get regularly wiped down.


It's a particularly hot day when we visited so I really adored those metal cups that keep your table water cold.

Being the broke students we are, we don't bother opening the (beautiful) menu and feast our eyes straight onto the "Lunch special" section. It's $9.90 for an entree of a spring roll, a main, and soft drink which is suuuuch a good deal!!!

Food didn't take too long to come out at all. We got Coca Cola's for the drinks, nothing special there but extremely good for the noodle fest to ensue!


Tfw when you are tired, stressed, and hungry.


KEEEENNNN

Entree: Spring Roll - usually 4pc for $6.90
- I'm a little disappointed to hear spring rolls is all we get can get for entrees since I am not particularly fond of them
- The spring roll is Thai style as it is filled with glass noodles and vegetables, and served with sweet chilli sauce
- It actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I'm happy it wasn't oily at all!! 

Main: Pad See Ew w/ Beef $10.90
- This is my go-to dish at all Thai restaurants. I like to use this as a test to see whether I like the place or not, but also admittedly it's one of those dishes that I just tend to stick to and order all the time
- Kin Senn's pad see ew isn't bad at all
- The vegetables are extremely fresh tasting
- The beef isn't dry and also actually tastes like meat (some places soak their meat in a solution that makes it go tender and almost rubbery)
- Could've used more sweet soy sauce and wok breath
- Buuuut, I was mostly disappointed because my dish was served luke warm. At first it was fine, I wasn't burning my tongue and could eat quickly. But half way through the meal was already cold and it made me wonder if it was really freshly made or just simply not hot enough

Main: Pad Thai w/ Chicken $10.90
- Francis' dish was much better! Super tasty and hot, steam was coming out every time he lifted his noodles on the fork
- The pad thai noodles used are extremely thin but soak up so much flavour
- We both really appreciated how majority of the bean sprouts were served on the side!! Some places mix it all in and try to give the impression that there is a tonne of noodles when really 70% of it is bean sprouts, but not here!


Overall this place left me with a good impression. Even though my meal was the disappointing part, every thing else was a thumbs up and very enjoyable. I really want to come back to this place and try their desserts, drinks and maybe some other mains! 



TL;DR:
Price: Mostly under $15, also awesome lunch deals!
Quality: Quite fresh
Service: Very friendly and welcoming
Ambience: Clean, cute and rustic treehouse vibes



Kin Senn
421 Pitt St,
Sydney NSW 2000

Kin Senn Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe