Voglia di Pane Fine Italian Bakery, Woodpark

Wednesday, September 28, 2016


This will be an odd post. I don't actually have any pictures of Voglia di Pane (Fine Italian Bakery) to show you guys today because I've never actually been there myself. Only my sister has and she is the one usually bringing the family back some goodies. But anyway, how AMAZING do they look 😍 🍩 ✨

I'm told it's quite a drive out to the west from our place but it's worth it because everything is so darn cheap! At prices such as $1.50 for the filled doughnuts, it is such a steal. I'm surprised my sister didn't just buy a whole dozen of everything. I know I would. Do it for the 'gram! Do it cos we like doughnuts!

Filled mini Doughnuts in Nutella, Custard, Jam & Orange Custard $1.50
Fruit Tart $4
Mini Cannoli in Chocolate custard & Ricotta choc chip $2

There is so much assortment in this box that she first gave to me. We'll start with the filled doughnuts - they come in Nutella, custard, jam, and orange custard. Here, my sister got me one of every doughnut except for Nutella.. because there's two of them. These doughnuts are a good size for something called "mini". How much filling is there? Not a whole lot actually. The ratio of filling to dough is somewhere around 1:3, especially when you compare it to Doughnut Time's Love at First Bite doughnut which would be 3:1. But for me, someone who isn't fond of the fillings getting all over my hands - it's perfect. The custard doughnuts are my favourite of the lot! The orange custard is very interesting as well because it's got a bit of a bitterness and I like that. As for the dough, it's not the softest. It is slightly airy but also more on the thick, chewy, and bready side. I would've liked it to be softer. This might be attributed to the freshness by the time my sister got the doughnuts to me though.

The fruit tart is very pretty with a generous amount of fruit toppings. I find the tart quite standard as in it tastes just like a fruit tart should taste - buttery crust, creamy custard, and fresh fruits with a glaze on top. But I guess I was looking for a "wow" factor and I didn't find it.

Lastly, the mini cannoli! I wish my sister would've gotten me the larger cannoli's if any because they are my faaaavooourite. What is there not to love about crunchy pastry shells with silky and velvety fillings. The chocolate custard is nice without being too sweet, but it's the ricotta choc chip that steals my heart. It's both tangy and sweet and all I want is more. 


One thing I learned from this bulk buy of sweets is to not leave them lying around for too long. I had left half the cannoli because I wanted to share it with my parents but by the time my parents got home that night, the cannoli had gotten soggy and gross. Same for the half of the fruit tart I saved. The doughnuts were okay though because you can zap them in the microwave for a few seconds and they will be softer than you started with!


Here's a photo from the second time most recently that my sister bought some goodies home:

Charcoal Nutella doughnut $1.50

What's new in this box is the black charcoal Nutella doughnut. Like most foods marketed using the word "charcoal"and being visibly black, it has no distinct taste. What I do notice though is that all the filled doughnuts now have a much more generous portion of filling! It's definitely looking towards 50-50. Thank you Voglia di Pane! 
Note, I've also heard you can only get these on Friday and the weekends, or by pre-order.


Overall with this place being so affordable, I implore you guys to try it! Or make a bulk pre-order because at that price I can see this being the perfect asset to any sort of party, gathering, family outing, picnics, and so forth.  From other peoples blogs I have read that Voglia di Pane also sells different types of bread, savoury, and even Banh Mi! It sounds like an awesome bakery and I will visit it in person when I have time to get around to it 😇


TL;DR:
Price: Cheap
Quality: Fresh and great value
Service: N/A
Ambience: N/A



Voglia di Pane Fine Italian Bakery
35 Dell St,
Woodpark NSW 2164

Voglia Di Pane Fine Italian Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe