Kwang Bok BBQ, Strathfield

Monday, July 04, 2016


Ask any of my friends and you will find out that I absolutely LOVE Korean bbq. It's probably the one thing that I can just sit there for hours eating. And I usually would love to have the whole meat platter to myself, but it's never really the economically viable option… 😢😢

My favourite part of KBBQ is all the tasty, free and unlimited refills of 반찬 (banchan - side dishes)! The ones I always look out for and judge by are the kimchi, bean sprouts and pickled onions. If the kimchi is too unfermented or too sour as some people may prefer.. but not me, it actually quite upsets me. I'm just that picky.

So hence I do have some favourite Kbbq spots but on this Friday night, finding myself in Strathfield with Francis and Anne-mary we went out and about to try something new. Of course when we got to the shop Anne-mary recommended it was very very crowdy with people still waiting at a queue outside the door. The next best thing was fortunately right next door!

Now I have been to Kwang Bok BBQ before, sometime last year and we were seated right out the back where it was really loud and smokey but still overall a good experience. Although I didn't really eat that much food that time since it was with a large group. This time the three of us opted to sit out the front area of the shop around a small round table.


The first thing I noticed was the service was really nice and not that chaotic as I assume it would've been like next door. There were buzzers on each table that you can use to call over a staff member and ask them for something or banchan/water refills. The second thing I noticed was that they sell PEACH SOJU. Have to come back for that!!!

On the menu there were so many tasty options and they all had PICTURES (beautiful, amazing, love it) that were really tempting. But in the end we went with one of the meat sets! I was skeptical of how filling it would be for two hungry girls and one guy *flashback to our time at a kbbq in the city* but in the end it worked out really well.

The front of the shop


I've only ever seen onions being served like this as a side at Kwang Bok. They're still very sharp and bitter tasting so we just soak them in the soy dipping sauce for a minute and they're super tasty after!

Purple Rice $2


There are heaps of side dishes they give you here!
My judging criteria as mentioned before was the kimchi and it is a tad on the sour side this day

I can't even remember the price of this and it doesn't seem right against the menu on Zomato but it was around $60-75. Super good value, everything was amazing.. except the chicken which was super fatty!

We stayed for really long, even out staying the two old Korean men sitting on the table next to us going through 738279372 bottles of soju, and even until the staff started having their late dinner.

It was a really delicious meal! I will RECOMMEND this to you all 💖



TL;DR:
Price: The sets are great value, but individually kind of expensive
Service: Friendly, fast, efficient
Quality: Very good
Ambience: Best of both worlds, quieter out the front

SaveSave

Kwang Bok BBQ
48 The Boulevarde,
Strathfield NSW 2135

Kwang Bok BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe