Gelato Blue, Newtown

Tuesday, July 19, 2016



Following on from our last post about Happy Chef, Vanessa and I decide to head back down to Gelato Blue which is really right near the train station for a scoop of gelato. I love ice cream and gelato all alike!!!! How could I say no?!

This place seems like it has been here forever and it's only lately that I've started hearing about it because they have made the switch from dairy-based gelato to all plant-based vegan friendly ice cream. That is so impressive! I wonder what that tastes like right? Normally you would start hearing loud and sad grey music in your head when you hear that something is "plant-based" or "vegan" BUT IT'S GELATO, I don't think we can go wrong 🙊



Can't miss it. Even the whole shop is BLUE!


I'd say the service could use a bit of improvement. 
With one of the guys I felt like he was so distant and almost unfriendly, but on the other hand the girls were really sweet and friendly to us!



True to the reviews there are a lot of interesting options! We sample some flavours and I don't really remember any of their names but I note, none of them were gross or tasted like grass 😘

The bright purple gelato (yes, I know you notice it too) is what caught my eye and I ended up getting a scoop of that 💜




They serve drinks and even have a desserts cupboard! Everything looked very tasty and decadent~


Top (Vanessa): $6/scoop
Bottom (Kim): Dragonfruit, lime and coconut $6/scoop
- On the expensive side!!!
- Anyhow my vegan sorbet was not only very pretty and colourful but it was so fruity and refreshing! Very very tropical, however towards the end it got quite acidic and the icy particles were so much bigger
- Nessa's gelato was very creamy and smooth~ sorry I can't remember the exact name of the flavour she got. It was something like chocolate or hazelnut…


When we were leaving we saw one of the guys who served us pull out the happy hour sign where it was $4 a scoop. We missed out on these savings so note this down next time 😢

Anyway I think it's really awesome how vegan gelato and sorbet has become quite the option when dining in Newtown! 🌿



TL;DR:
Price: Pricey, wait for happy hour LOL
Quality: Gelato over Sorbet!
Service: NA
Ambience: I don't like it, it felt dull and cramped




Gelato Blue
318 King St,
Newtown NSW 2042

Gelato Blue Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe