Big Daddy's Burger Bar, Newtown

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Good morning! Today I am heading out for the regular Thursday lunch date with one of my best gal pals, Vanessa. I have been MIA on my blog for a long time, and I really apologise. University and events planning have been so busy and if you're with me on this one, HANG IN THERE. WE'RE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT!


Nonetheless I've somehow managed to bring you this post on one the places we recently went to the day after Vanessa's 21st, which we both REALLY love. We were so impressed 😍

You may have seen it standing out in Newtown due to its red and white American diner themed look… Big Daddy's Burger Bar!



Walking inside, we are greeted with even more red and white as well as walls adorned full of iconic America pop culture, retro, and humorous signage!








They even have these plush diner style seats!


And a neon sign!



Wall decals!


Vanessa and I were really hesitant on what to order because we hadn't heard any word on whats good (.. Miley). But upon asking the girl behind the counter, who was super friendly by the way, we were recommended the SAYMYNAME and WHO'S UR DADDY burgers!

I've got to mention, the menu has a variety of food such as burgers, 'dawns', and 'Big Mama's' southern fried chicken. Every thing on the menu board actually sounds amazingggg. And it also comes at an affordable price in my opinion. We vowed to try 'The OMG' burger next time because it has 'ass burner' sauce (apparently an extremely chilli sauce mhmm) and we are adventurous like that! HAHAHA nah actually tbh this is what happens when your Korean friend spots a chilli challenge like this.. Vanessa I am looking at you! 😇



♥ Gorgeous flowers for a gorgeous girl 


Ain't she a beauty! 💖

Cherry Cola $4
Fanta Pineapple $4
- I love Cherry Cola, if I see it I will never hesitate to stop and buy it.

SAYMYNAME $12
w/ Lettuce, tomato, mushroom, relish, American cheese, Canadian bacon, onion rings, Big D's mayo and smokey Bar-B-Q
- WOW THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING BURGER. 
VANESSA AND I WERE SO IN LOVE
😭 TEARSSSSS 😍
- The entire combination coupled with cheese and sauces tied together this burger so well
- The best part was the mushrooms, something we both love!
- With the numerous bad reviews on this burger, we both have to say that we disagree because this burger rocked our socks! :')

Here's a cross section of the burger since we cut it in half to share:

UNNNNFFF THE SAUCE!

Curly fries $8
- Extremely good curly fries because they aren't soggy and oily at all! 
Very crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. A must have side with your burger/meal!

Chicken and Waffles w/ maple syrup & smokey bar-b-q sauce $12
+ Pickles on the side $0.60
- I am a lover of the sweet/savoury combination so this was the perfect choice for me! I've never had chicken and waffles before so I don't actually know how it's supposed to go so these are my thoughts..
- The chicken comes with bones which was kind of inconvenient when cutting it, but I note it was a huge quarter. The chicken isn't anything special but it's combination with the waffles and sauces completes this meal
- The waffle is nice and sweet but could've been a little fluffier
- Smokey bar-b-q sauce is SO delicious, we paired it with the curly fries as well!
- It was so hard to pick a side dish but hey I chose PICKLES because I love them. Yup I'm that friend of yours who will eat the pickles you pull out of your cheeseburgers. It's so good with this meal because sometimes you just need to cut through the sweetness. They are sweet and sour pickles in case you're curious
- Overall this was awesome!!



FOR ONCE I am sitting on the good lighting side 😱✨

And this photo kinda makes it look like it's my birthday. SORRY NESSA HAHAHA

Overall, Vanessa and I left this place feeling so good about our meals. It's only been a few weeks yet every time we see each other we still bring it up (and also our need to try out that ass burner burger hehe). So hence, we would highly recommend it! 


TL;DR:
Price: Affordable!
Quality: Good!
Service: Friendly, helpful!
Ambience: Fun American diner atmosphere 🇺🇸



Big Daddy's Burger Bar
227 King St,
Newtown NSW 2042

Big Daddy's Burger Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe