Chinta Kechil, Double Bay

Saturday, April 16, 2016


Double Bay is a long way out from home for me. So finding myself in this area is a very rare occasion! I was here not long ago for dinner right before Undressed Runways fashion show in 2015. We weren't super hungry and had just decided to share a small meal before the show… we even chose this random place not expecting much. Especially in a suburb that is predominantly western, this is such an amazing find!




Situated down the further end of Double Bay, away from the shopping centre made this place a little of a trek. However it was the catchy shop front and busy atmosphere that enticed us to enter. I love the interiors and decorations of Chinta Kechil! The place serves Malaysian cuisine~

The waiter greeted us almost instantly and he was super friendly, chatty and helpful. We got a seat right out near the front but I noted that even though the front looks cramped, there are so much more seats out at the back :)



There is a lovely collage of menu item pictures but they also hand you a menu for more items, drinks and prices!



My sister and I had no idea what to order, we were going to settle for just a plain roti but then the waiter suggested we try their popular Char Kway Teo… it was expensive but we ordered it anyway!

Roti with curry gravy sauce $4.80
- The roti was so beautiful! Light, airy, buttery and perfectly flakey 😍
- The curry sauce was delicious, it resembled our favourite Malaysian curry of beef rendang and we were delighted to find small chunks of beef in the sauce hahahha

Char Kway Teo $16
- OH. MY. GOD. Can I just say, BEST. CKT. EVER!
- While this definitely sits on the expensive side, me and my sister agreed that this is the best CKT we both have ever had! The noodles weren't too oily and every single bite had perfect 'wok-breath'


We were super happy with our Chinta Kechil experience! Admittedly I won't find myself in Double Bay again any time soon but I'd be very keen to try out every other menu item they have to offer. For now, I really recommend this place should anyone ever find themselves in the Eastern suburbs or live around there :)


TL;DR:
Price: Quite expensive
Quality: Everything we had was just perfect!
Service: Fast and friendly
Ambience: Very busy



Chinta Kechil
342 New South Head Road,
Double Bay, NSW 2028

Chinta Kechil Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe