Welcome back to uni! FABSOC Garden Party 2016

Saturday, March 12, 2016



Hiiiiiii everyone,

Apologies for being so so MIA lately. I've been super busy with things as soon as uni started again. I've attended meetings for both Fabsoc & V-Gen, and while it's going to be a fantastic year - the hard work has only just begun for us all! I'm also having trouble keeping up with my subjects.. especially CHNS2601 which makes me want to cry omg. I'd like to think I am pretty good at reading and writing Mandarin but listening to it? I am very bad at that and the lecturer and tutors like to teach in Chinese now… they speak really fast as well… ded. But THIS WILL ENCOURAGE ME TO DO BETTER AND STUDY HARDER.

And on a small side note, I've finally watched Attack on Titan and caught up with the manga and I'm obsessssseddddddd WILL ANYONE TALK CONSPIRACY THEORIES WITH ME? Because my boyfriend refuses to :'(


V-Gen hosted their first event of 2016 on Thursday and I stopped by to meet the new members and some of the execs and it was really good! 



The members and the team are very motivated, friendly, and keen people! I was able to talk to some members to get some insight on what kind of events they would like to see this year with V-Gen :)

The FABSOC Garden Party was meant to follow V-Gen's Welcome Picnic, and also be at Cadigal however due to complications with the forms, we had to move it to Friday which was yesterday.

SO, yesterday FABSOC hosted their first event of 2016 and it was so good! A big thank you to Emily who came up with the idea, and Annie who planned everything and baked just about all of the delicious goodies we gave to our members at this event!

Also we were a little delayed in setting up but some of our cute new members were there early and happily helped us set up and frost the cake and cupcakes! Thank you!!

Vanilla frosted cupcakes

Strawberry & cream cake

White chocolate fudge brownies

**** Francis' moms famous brownies ****


Thanks to Francis and Jeremy for making the fairy bread! 
This actually made me laugh so much though hehe this one is so cute


I'd say our Garden Party was also a great success as we got some new sign ups from interested people walking by, and we were able to meet our current members who are all very keen for our next FABSOC events! :)

So that's the end of the first two weeks of uni, I'll definitely try to balance my time better and post more!

Bye byeeeeee xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe