Outback Steakhouse, North Strathfield

Wednesday, November 02, 2016


It's been quite some months now but CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATING to my friend Anthony over at The Broducers! I was called in last minute to photograph his graduation just like how I was called in last minute to photograph Francis' 21st, so talk about the stress these guys have put me through.


You should have seen what the BEFORE photo of this looked like!

Thank you Lightroom, you are the real MVP.

I'm still really bad at taking photos and aside from my 50mm lens which are great but kind of inconvenient, I'm still using my Canon kit lens. I'm really hoping to upgrade soon but being an unemployed student my budget is probably $100 right now so best off to wait until I'm somehow rich. Until then does anyone have any recommendations for an amateur photographer such as myself hoping to upgrade from kit lens but still needing it for multi purposes?

Thankfully that hasn't stopped me from bringing you guys a really tasty post today as I was invited to the dinner at Outback Steakhouse in North Strathfield after Anthony's graduation.


I've never been before so this is my first time! Whenever we go to Pancakes on the Rocks which is almost right next to it, I look over and wonder what I am missing out on.






There is plenty of spacious seating available. The inside is dimly lit and much of the decorations very much paint that Outback Australia feel. Napkins rolled with utensils are placed on each table in a formation that is made to resemble boomerangs, while artworks and photographs on the wall pay homage to Aboriginal people and Aboriginal styles of art and artefacts. Not a single wall is wasted and there is a lot to look at.




The menu is handed to us by an extremely friendly and bubbly waitress. Everything on the menu has a very "Australian" name such as the "Chookaburra wings" or "Boomerang Cheeseburger" and "Grilled Chicken on the Barbie".

Everyone else already has an idea of what to order but I take ages reading over the menu until Francis interjects and encourages me to order the same thing as what he and Anthony are ordering: The mixed grill platter with an extra sirloin. And I never back down from an eating challenge so I accept and cross my fingers that I can eat as much as the boys.

Warm Bread Roll with Butter

Free and so delicious as the bread is warm and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. I try not to eat a lot of this because I want to save room for the platter but it's really good. I didn't know you could get things like this free so remember to ask for the bread roll if you guys come here!

Side Salad - Caesar Salad $6.95

This was for Francis' dad dish but I didn't manage to snap a good photo of it so here is his side dish HAHA. Your very basic caesar salad with nice cuts of lettuce, lots of sauce and parmesan, and large bread croutons. No bacon or egg though!

Crispy Chicken Salad w/ Blue Cheese sauce on the side $19.95

Not my dish but first of all what a beautiful looking salad! It has an assortment of mixed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, croutons, soft boiled egg, fried chicken tenders, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. The eggs look so perfectly boiled and everything else looks very fresh. I did try the blue cheese sauce as a dip for my chips and it's soooo more-ish! 


Now on to those Mixed Grill Platters with the extra sirloin as I mentioned earlier.

All three of them…



Mixed Grill Platter w/ half rack of BBQ Pork ribs and half rack of BBQ Beef ribs & chips
+ 170g Signature Sirloin $46.95

In hindsight I probably should have just gotten a steak or even a salad because this was crazy filling. The sirloin steak is a great cut of steak but inconsistently cooked as we all got medium steaks yet Fran and Anthony's steaks looked juicier and redder than mine (see pic below). Mine was more like well-done. Still tasty though but I found myself reaching for the sauce 1/4 of the way in. The chips are quite standard a bit on the floppy side and also comes with a small handful of what I think are fried shredded potato. The pork ribs were a bit fatty yet tender but what bugged me is that I couldn't taste any of the BBQ sauce that was brushed on. It was so bland! Couldn't even taste salt if there was any. This also rings true with the beef ribs. The beef ribs are notably extremely fatty. Marbled with fat? No, they are pretty much 70% fat. At least that's what happened with mine. I cut off so much of it that there was barely anything left and yet my ribs looked like I didn't eat them. It was all very unfortunate but at least I was very full by the end of it.


Overall, Outback Steakhouse I would say is only average at best. I felt like a lot of what was missing from the food was made up by the huge portions and really superb service. But even though that was good and I had good company, I probably wouldn't return unless I had to because the food was a bit disappointing.

Let me know if you've been here and what your experience was! Would love to hear all about it :) Thank you for reading! xx


TL;DR:
Price: Expensive
Quality: Large portions, average tastes
Service: Friendly and attentive
Ambience: Outback Australian feel



Outback Steakhouse
1/3 George St,
North Strathfield NSW 2137

Open 7 days a week

Monday - Thursday: 5PM - 10PM
Friday, Saturday: 12PM - 11PM
Sunday: 12PM - 10PM

Outback Steakhouse Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe