Four Frogs Creperie, Sydney

Thursday, November 22, 2018


I feel like it is near impossible to walk past Four Frogs Creperie at Circular Quay's latest dining gateway. From the outside the place looks so charming and inviting but it the SMELL that gets you! The smell of freshly made crepes wafting through the air!!!

On this occasion, Vanessa and I are not immune to the wonderful dessert opportunities that await us so we venture on inside. Everything is so reminiscent and inspired by France from the white brick walls, the bright red paint, the numerous bottles of Kerisac wine, to even the white and blue striped tops and berets the staff are wearing. French for YAAAAAS has got to be OUI OUI 😍😍😍




Each table already has a paper print out of the menu laid out on it which seems to also service as table cloth or a placemat as they never get taken away.

I find out this place also does a range of savoury crepes and every thing sounds (and smells, omg have I mentioned the smell) so delicious. We're super full from a huge dinner earlier that night but this doesn't stop us from ordering a dessert crepe... each. Honestly, is there a thing such as too much crepes.


My cutie!


The service was pretty negative and uninterested which contrasted to the fun ambience and decor. But I always hear that this is quite typical of French service. They were first of all impossible to get the attention of.. I had to stand up to go to the counter and they told me just sit down and wait a bit longer for someone to come around. And that's okay but when the waiter did come around he seemed so rude and annoyed at me even though I didn't do anything to him. The worst part is when our orders came out wrong and without the extra toppings requested I could barely get his attention again and on my part, I felt embarrassed to go to the counter again so I just went with it. Thankfully they did not charge for the extra toppings but still disappointing.



Crepe with Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce - Single $9.50

I requested extra banana and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with my crepe but this is the part I didn't receive. Nonetheless the crepe was so nice, soft, fresh and hot! Just the perfect thinness/thickness and quite large spreading over the whole plate. The homemade salted caramel sauce was pretty good! Could be a tad saltier in my opinion, but nonetheless so delicious and perfect with the crepes.



Crepe with Nutella and Strawberry - Single $13.50

Nessa ordered an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream with her crepe but it seems they forgot that too. So disappointing! Despite this, still a great crepe and it seems you can never go wrong with the strawberry and Nutella combo! 



Overall I think the crepes at Four Frogs Creperie are really good. The best part is that they're fresh and made in an open kitchen where they have the professional crepe maker and spreader. Very cool to watch. We were let down by the service and yeah I could've just let them know they forgot the extra toppings we ordered but I didn't feel comfortable with the way they talked to me earlier so oh well. Good thing is we weren't charged for it. I would definitely come back here to try more dessert crepes and the savoury crepes, but I unfortunately won't be expecting any amazing or friendly service in the future.




TL:DR;
Price: A little pricey but not terrible imo
Quality: Delicious being absolutely fresh and made on the spot
Service: I found them disinterested and rude
Ambience: Family friendly and French inspired


Four Frogs Creperie
1 Alfred Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Open 7 days a week

Mon-Wednes: 7AM - 9:30PM
Thurs, Fri: 7AM - 10:30PM
Sat: 10AM - 10:30PM
Sun: 10AM - 9:30PM

Four Frogs Creperie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really enjoyed my visit to Four Frogs Creperie back in 2018 and will certainly never forget crepe suzette. I would be glad if you could drop by and have a look at my experience at 4 Frogs :) https://www.mileswithvibes.com/sydney/french-crepes-in-sydney-four-frogs-creperie/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe