Gourmet Garden Finishing Drizzles!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017


#SizzleShakeDrizzle

#MakeMeatAmazing

#FinishingDrizzles

Aside from reviewing restaurants another really fun thing I love to do as a food blogger is review new products and play around in the kitchen with them! Thanks to Social Soup I've had the amazing opportunity to do so in the past with the likes of Chobani and Peckish Crackers! Todays post is about my most recent Social Soup project with Gourmet Garden Australia on their brand new Finishing Drizzles range.

So what is Finishing Drizzles?

"Gourmet Garden is the closest thing to fresh herbs in look, taste and aroma and they stay fresh in the fridge for 4 weeks! Their Finishing Drizzles are here to make your BBQ creations even yummier with herbs and spices, with speciality cold blended oils. Gourmet Garden brings the farm to you so you can enjoy fresh herbs and spices in a drizzle any day of the week!"

When I first received my package for this project, I was so surprised at all the amazing perks in the large foam box. I received a Gourmet Garden cooler bag + ice packs with one of each new Finishing Drizzles (6 in total), a bamboo tablet holder, a BBQ tools and apron kit, and a generous $20 Coles gift voucher.

My initial impression of the Finishing Drizzles was that I loved the delicious pictures they all had on the front. These pictures really served as inspirations for which meats I decided to team my drizzles up with. With that in mind, I headed on over to Coles to use the voucher and pick up some fresh ingredients and meats for my creations!


What I found so cool was at Coles in the meat section, Gourmet Garden Finishing Drizzles were conveniently displayed right by their recommended match! And what I will soon come to find is that this is so perfect when you don't know what to cook for a meal, or you just want that meal to be as easy as possible.

The idea is that these are the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats "lamb, fish, steak or chicken". All you have to do is shake up the packet, tear off the nozzle side, and drizzle it over your choice of meat. Unfortunately my BBQ is out of action so I also didn't get the chance to use the cool BBQ tools sent to me either but this does not take away from all the ways you can use these drizzles.

Here's some meals I created with the Finishing Drizzles:


South American Inspired
CHIMICHURRI
x
Steak and baked potatoes

This was my first time trying chimichurri and I LOVED it. It instantly elevated an ordinary steak and the flavours of parsley, coriander and oregano were so unbelievably fresh! It's also not spicy at all despite having chilli in it.




Moroccan Inspired
HARISSA
x
Lamb steak skewers on Pita Pockets

Also my first time trying Harissa and I'm so happy to be introduced to new flavours from all around the world. I adore this Harissa drizzle so so so much and I could just eat it plain with the pita bread all day. The smoked paprika flavour is both exciting, slightly fiery and yet sweet! And yes, of course it pairs amazingly with lamb meat.



Italian Inspired
BASIL PESTO
x
Chicken Breast and Pasta

We all know and love pesto but this has legitimately got to be some of the best basil pesto I have ever had. How does it still taste so fresh despite coming out of a packet? I drizzled mine over chicken breast but later mixed it in with my spaghetti and it works great!




Vietnamese Inspired
NUOC CHAM
x
Grilled Pork Chop over Vermicelli Noodles
"Bun thit nuong"

As soon as I saw a Vietnamese inspired drizzle, I knew immediately that (a) I want to try it and (b) I wanted to team it with a grilled pork chop. I went with a simple marinade for the pork chop to later allow the Nuoc Cham drizzle to shine through. While I can say I think the ginger, lime, chilli flavours of the drizzle were strong and went so well together - it did little to remind me of Vietnamese food. In fact it kind of reminded me more of Thai or Laos flavours. But anyway the end result is still delicious! Top the noodles with your choice of salad greens and veggies and mix together a quick fish sauce and voila! Easy meal! 


I still haven't gotten around to trying all of the wonderful flavours of drizzles sent to me. To mention, I haven't tried the Salsa Verde and Chermoula - but by the positive experiences I've had so far with the flavours I'm going to say that they are going to be just as impressive!

A huge and special thank you Social Soup and Gourmet Garden Australia for having me on board this project as I honestly enjoyed trialling these new Finishing Drizzles so much! I highly recommend to all my readers to give them a go as I truly believe you will be impressed xx





Kimmiebites was invited to be apart of this project by Social Soup and Gourmet Garden Australia. All opinions and recipes in this post are genuine, honest and highly recommended. I wouldn't post about it if I didn't like it or thought it was bad :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe